Friday, January 18, 2013

Waterproof vs. Regular Mascara

Today I realized for a few days now I have opted for regular mascara as opposed to waterproof. I didn't even realize I had been making this choice until this morning when my friend Lori asked me how I was doing.  I thought for a moment and it hit me,  "Regular mascara, I am using regular mascara!" I haven't used regular mascara since I went to the hospital to have our little miss Sophia! I realized that I am crying less. I don't need the waterproof as much as I have in the past two months. Don't get me wrong, I still cry every single day, at least once, but not nearly as frequent or as much! This small choice I have made for the past week is a sign to me that I am slowly healing and slowly embracing our new life. 

Side note, I think the waterproof option might have been a good choice today though. This afternoon E and  I are going to pick out our little girl's gravestone. Unbelievable. We are 29 years old and picking out a gravestone for our 16 day old baby girl. Wow! Well, I am going to do this to honor my sweet girl. I have something in mind that I want for her. Something simple, beautiful and elegant just as she was. When I picture her dancing with the angels that is what I see. Without waterproof mascara, I'll just have to make sure I have lots of kleenex. Maybe I will surprise myself and not need them! : ) 

One more side and happy note, four years ago today I found out I was pregnant with our sweet, precious blessing from God, Isabel Suzanne! Four years later she sits next to me doing her stuffed animals make up to get them ready for a birthday party. It is so cute! They have make up all over them. Initially my mind thought what a mess! But then I thought,  they are stuffed animals and a quick bath in the washing machine will take care of the mess! : ) She is having fun and being so sweet, that is what is important! And then I noticed Grammy's carpet and thought, "Oh no! Time to stop blogging and start trying to cleaning up!" Yikes!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart and your healing with us. I know you have encouraged me to grow in the Lord and in ways that I desperately needed. :) Praying for you and loving you!
    Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete